Summer brings hot weather (if we are lucky!) and it also brings pollen, grass clippings, mildew and the greasy film from air pollution. So we all know what that means... it's time to get the pressure washer back in action and make this Spring and Summer the cleanest yet!
Here are our top tips for making the most of your pressure washer during the warmer seasons:
1. Back to basics - when you are cleaning vertical surfaces, start from the bottom and clean upwards. When you are finished, rinse down in the reverse direction from top to bottom.
2. Top notice of your nozzzle forcefulness and spray pattern. Low pressure is best for dispensing soap.
3. The opposite of a low pressure nozzle is a narrow high pressure nozzle. Always take caution using these as they can damage the surface you are cleaning.
4. Always hold your pressure washer at an angle to the surface being cleaned and stand back so there is plenty of clearance to reduce the risk of damage.
5. Avoid spraying hot or cold water into areas that are best kept dry or might not be able to dry out should they get wet. And ALWAYS avoid spraying air conditioning units, electrical outlets and loft vents.
6. Last but not least, if you have any doubt over the suitability of your pressure washer and it's set up, simply test it first in an inconspicuous area.
The Showrooms, Boothferry Road, Howden, East Yorkshire, DN14 7DZ
Call: 01430 430 699
Fax: 01430 430 455